Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Personal Research Journey


The topic I chose for the simulation was evidenced-based science on how children grow and develop.  I understand that this topic encompass many variables. It was chosen because I want to increase my knowledge in this area that is profoundly impacting the direction of early childhood education.  As a Head Start teacher, it is always my endeavor to do the best for the children and their families that I have the opportunity to serve every year.  It is important to prepare my four year olds for school and hopefully life success.
Personally, having the ability to share knowledge that might benefit my community will be rewarding. Also, the work and commitment entailed in understanding how to research will be valuable to me. Reading the articles that show how to analyze research information has been a learning experience. Also, creating the research chart and learning new terms is opening a different avenue to learn how to Of course, reading discussion post is always helpful.
I welcome any insights and resources from colleagues that might assist me in navigating and learning from this course and research simulation.  Likewise, I will share information and resources with you.

3 comments:

  1. It is obvious that you have a great passion for the children you teach. What lucky students you have! This seems like a vast topic, and one I am sure you will find a lot of research on. We are always striving to learn more about the development of our children and how we can improve the programs being offered. If we wish to provide children with programs and services that are appropriate and effective, we must first have a strong grasp on how they grow and develop. Good luck in your process and I look forward to learning more from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your passion and drive to professionally develop yourself is very inspiring! With a broad topic, are you anticipating during research narrowing down into a specific subtopic?! I am preparing myself to find information that I would consider to be unexpected and I'm excited for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Audrey,
    This is such a wonderful topic! We have come so far in the science of child development but with an ever-increasing pace in life, I would like to know, for example, how and how fast it is affecting child development. I can’t wait to read more on your research and findings. I hope you can give us regular updates.
    How long have you been a Head Start teacher? Have you already noticed differences in child development over the course of the last few years? I remember speaking with a Vietnamese doctor about girls physically maturing more rapidly; he answered that watching TV with all sexual references even in children’s programs such as Nickelodeon was stimulating girls’ hormonal system.
    Thank you for doing this research!

    ReplyDelete