Saturday, January 12, 2013

Establishing Professional Contacts


The international contact occurred in Soweto Johannesburg, South Africa. The contact occurred through a church member’s sister name Connie who lives in Maryland.  She has traveled to South Africa several times with her church performing mission work. In her travels to a school she met and befriended a teacher who teaches in a little town/village. It was an elementary school consisting of one room. Each time that she goes there they get together.  My contact was very brief, but I am very excited and look forward to sharing pictures and more information in the coming weeks.
As of today I only have one international contact, but thanks to my Head Start director who is in the process of retrieving contact information from associates in other community action agencies more are coming. Therefore, to fulfill assignment of having two sources I researched the World Forum Foundation and was able to subscribe to free newsletter.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Audrey
    I never thougth about asking people I know in Head Start that communicate with people on a higher level than myself thanks for the idea. I am looking foward to seeing how this turns out with Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ms. Audrey!

    It was great to read that you had the hook up with this assignment! I was sooo overwelmed but now that its down I feel a lot better. Good thinking on your part to use the resources you have around you.

    Another good thing to see from you post is that you are church goer! I also attend church, I am a Seventh-day Adventist. Well, do you think we can be each others education contacts (lol) I wonder if that would count as a grade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Hi Audrey,

    That is awesome that you were able to find a professional contact through your church. I emailed several people through the websites. So far, I have not received any responses. Fortunately, I contacted two of my teaching colleagues that had connections overseas. As of today, I have received a contact in Australia and possibly one from Korea. I am very excited to learn from them and share with the class. I also subscribed to the NAEYC for more resources.

    Thanks! Cindy

    ReplyDelete