Saturday, November 10, 2012

Relationships Reflection


Relationships are important in maintaining good mental and physical health. They have to be cherished and nurtured so they continue to grow and flourish.  Through all the hustle and bustle of life, it can be challenging accomplishing that task. Within relationships there has to be acceptance, respect, and a whole lot of forgiveness and letting things go.
My husband, my high school sweetheart:
We met during our junior year in high school 41 years ago in home room. As we got to know each other, we had a lot in common. We dated throughout our senior year and married two years later. He remains my friend, my strong arm, and supporter. We have 2 daughters and 3 grandchildren.
My daughters:
My daughters and I are very close. We talk or text on the phone every day.  They moved two hours away a couple of years ago and it was difficult adjustment for me not seeing them on a weekly basis.  All holidays and special church events we get together.
Grandchildren:
They are the real joy of my life. I watched them come into the world, and I can’t really explain the special love that my heart holds for these three special people. They are truly a blessing.
Regina:
I met Regina when she began attending our church many years ago. We connected immediately, I think partly because we were both pregnant at the same time and both of our babies were born in December. She has been a constant friend always there when I need her and vice versa.
These relationships/partnerships has helped me in my professional life in being committed to the cause of making a difference in the life of children and families. I strive every day to walk in honesty and acceptance.
 

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey- it is nice, to hear you are still with your childhood sweetheart and still continuing to grow with each other. I like the line you stated about walking each day with honesty and acceptance, these are important in any aspect of life including working with children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey, wow what an accomplishment you and your husband have made. Congratulations to you for staying married, you're an inspiration. I have 2 daughters also so I couldn't imagine how hard it is for you with them moving, just the thought of my oldest going to college stresses me out. Nice meeting and you and looking forward to your upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Audrey for sharing your post, but although I don't ave any children I can truly see how you would feel the way you do about your grandchildren, becuase I feel the same way about my niece and nephew. I truly admire you and your husband's hardwork and determination. Thanks agian for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey, I must agree that relationship are important in order for us to function and get through the challenges we come across in life. There is nothing in life that we would want to go at alone. Everyone in our life is there for a unique purpose. Some are placed to help us through trying times and others are may be there temporarily. But all relationships, whether short term or long term, are needed to help us in one way or another.

    ReplyDelete